Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Quick and Easy Flashcards


Anytime I see an interesting set of flashcards at a dollar store or the Target Dollar Spot, I snatch them up.  Once I have a few new sets accumulated, I use a hole punch to punch a hole in the corner of each card.  Then I take them to our local teacher supply store to get them all laminated.  I've found that's the cheapest place for laminating around here.  On my last trip, I had five sets of flashcards laminated and it was just over $9.

Once they're laminated, I cut them all out and re-punch the holes with the hole punch.  This part is a bit tedious, but it makes me feel like I'm back in the classroom, and it's worth it because it makes them so much more durable for little hands.


Bundle your set of cards together with a binder ring and you're good to go!


These are great to throw in your bag or keep in the car.  We use them at church, on car trips, at restaurants, basically anytime we need a quiet activity.


My girls also like to write on them with dry erase markers or crayons.  They practice tracing letters, color, and circle things.  The marker or crayon will wipe right off with a paper towel on the laminating.

2 comments:

  1. great idea! reuseable and you keep them all together!

    thanks
    the miller's
    prezidential life

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super super awesome idea! We have cards kind of similar, but they aren't this awesome. I suppose I need to break out my laminator (again)! Thanks for the tip!

    http://thisfineday.com/

    ReplyDelete