Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Valentine's Day Mantel

I thought I would take a moment to share my Valentine's Day mantel decorations.  As we moved in, I would throw things up on the mantel as I ran across them.  I just kept my eyes open for anything that would work for the season and would add a little red to the mantel.


From the left:

- a red minnow basket that I got last year at an antiques store that was closing

- a glass milk jug from the same antiques store

- my three scoops of love, photo is mounted on foam core and is just leaning against the stone fireplace, photography by Joni Streit Photography

- old gas station sign for the five of us

- vintage bowling pin

- photo of us on canvas by Joni Streit Photography

- old wooden box with a hinged lid

- book bundles, I picked out some paperbacks at the thrift store with red edge pages, ripped off the covers, and tied them together with twine

- rusty sap bucket holding some twigs and branches from our yard, bucket purchased here several years ago

- doily banner was quickly made by cutting some doilies in half and sewing them between some double fold bias tape

3 comments:

  1. I love to decorate my mantel with pictures! My favorite is your 5 sign. What a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! It doesn't 'scream' Valentine's day but still works for the holiday. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love that it's Valentine's but you could leave it up after the holiday and it would still be way cute. LOVE the 5 and vintage box!

    ReplyDelete