Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Snow White Party -- Banners and Buntings

To add plenty of visual interest and pop, I added several buntings around our house for Lily's Snow White Birthday Party.  I got my inspiration from Kirstin's book page buntings from her fabulous showers at kojo designs. 

 I searched high and low at the thrift stores looking for an old Snow White picture book.  I think I found every Disney story except Snow White.  I found one pretty inexpensively on ebay.  I picked out the pages with the largest pictures, trimmed them down to the same size, and glued them onto some pom pom trim.  I also used a Martha Stewart punch from Michael's to make some lace edges on the bottom of the pages.
 I added some little mushroom birds from Hobby Lobby up in the corners to make it look like the birds were holding the bunting up.  I hung the bunting with a tiny finish nail and just used the metal clip on the bottom of the bird to clip it onto the nail.

 After making the large book page bunting, I took the leftover pages and cut out smaller pictures with two different sizes of circle punches.  Then, I just ran them through the sewing machine and stitched them all together to make a little banner to hang over the cake.

 For a super quick project, I quickly cut out some triangles from fabric scraps and burlap and hot glued them to some jute.  I didn't even measure the space between triangles, just glued them and hung it up!


If you'd like to read about the other details of our Snow White birthday party, check these out:

No comments:

Post a Comment