Friday, July 20, 2012

Isaac's Nursery

My nephew is here!  Isaac James arrived safely early in the morning on July 18.  He and his mama are doing well and everyone is getting settled into their new routine.  I was waiting to share a glimpse of his nursery until he had arrived.

At my sister-in-law's shower, we used these reclaimed sign letters to spell out Isaac's name on a pallet on the mantel.  After the shower was over, she took the letters to re-use in his nursery.



My brother and sister-in-law bought an atlas at a used book store and decoupaged some maps onto a piece of scrap plywood.  Then, they hung the letters on the board with small nails and securely hung the whole thing above his crib.

I love that it became even more personal with the addition of the map.  I also think that his name is showcased even more with the map board acting like a frame, instead of just hanging them directly on the wall.  So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment